Funerals at Christ Church
Funeral Planning in an On-Going Pandemic
Making arrangements for a funeral can be a challenging process under the best of circumstances, and the constraints imposed by a global pandemic can add another layer of complexity.
In these unusual times, we will support you with compassion and grace. Our clergy and staff will work with you to ensure that the service will be meaningful while still honoring current directives and protecting the physical well-being of those involved.
To get started, please review our Funeral Planning form. While developed pre-pandemic, much remains the same.
What you’ll find in the form:
- The first page includes info that the church must keep for its records (you know that the Episcopal Church keeps detailed records!) and other main decisions.
- The first page asks, “Would you like Eucharist at the service?” If you wish to have communion as part of the service, please discuss with Rev. Emily. We at Christ Church Detroit are currently offering only communion of one kind, however Rev. Emily will be happy to discuss options with you.
- The second page is a checklist of suggested readings, and you’ll find the readings themselves on pages 5-14.
- The third page is about music and participants in the service.
- The fourth is about contributions and details.
- The final page suggests some hymns.
Getting Started: To begin the process, please contact Associate for Operations Randy Gilchrist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-259-6688.